Friday, May 11, 2007

It's all go on the wedding front

Well all is now planned. Yesterday I phoned the hotel where we're having our reception, and gave them the final numbers for the meal and the wine order. There will be 27 of us altogether; one in a wheelchair, four diabetics and no (as far as I'm aware) vegetarians. All I have to do now is pay for that... We wont be invoiced until after Tuesday - and we've still to let them know what we want to do about some bubbly for the toast/greeting. So they need that before Tuesday, too. More expense!

This morning I managed to turn in over an hour late for work as I'd popped into the Rushcliffe register office to hand over the blue certificates that we need to prove we're entitled to get married. They seemed quite calm about the whole proceeding; we've yet to discuss the actual ceremony with them and there's just a fortnight to go. I asked about this, and they were happy for us to do it over the phone, which is good, but they only open from 9:30 am and only during the week (not at weekends) so having Tracey and I both together to call them is going to be tricky.

Oh, and the tickets for the Honeymoon arrived yesterday. That's a bit of a relief. I hope Maxine can still do the cars for us.

No comments: